Conventional braces, Self ligating braces, Clear Aligners, which is for you?
Are you looking to straighten your teeth? In Smile Craft Dental Clinic Puchong, we provide a variety of orthodontic treatments such as conventional braces, self ligating braces, clear aligner, orthodontic retainers and so on. Not sure whether you are a suitable candidate for orthodontic treatment, just contact us at 010 8882170 or visit us at our dental clinic in puchong!
Types of braces
1) Conventional braces
Conventional braces has elastic ties. These ties hold the aligning wires in place.
Advantages of conventional braces:
- Able to change into different colourful ties during each visit. Dont be shy to ask for flashy colours!
- The cheapest, most economical way to straighten your teeth.
2) Self ligating braces
Self ligating braces has clips on their brackets to hold the wire to the teeth instead of elastic ties. This makes the bracket less bulky compared to conventional braces and exerts lighter force on the teeth with less friction.
Advantages of self ligating braces:
- Easier cleaning due to simplified design
- Less discomfort on teeth due to less force exerted on teeth, as teeth is not bound as tightly to the wires by the clips.
- Shorter dental visits ie lesser chair time
- Slightly faster treatment duration
3) Clear Aligners
If you are not happy with your smile but don’t want the look of metal braces, clear aligners might be for you!
How do they work? First we take a scan of your teeth, then we create a series of custom made clear aligners using advanced technology. Each custom aligner differs slightly from your teeth, which apply targeted pressure to your teeth, slowly moving them into alignment!
To know more about the ClearCorrect Aligners, check out here at ClearCorrect official website.
Advantages of clear aligners:
- Invisible, you can look prettier quietly!
- Comfortable to wear – No metal brackets or wires rubbing on your cheeks and lips
- No diet restrictions- Unlike wearing braces, you are able to eat without restrictions as you can remove clear aligners when you are eating!
- Final result forecast- We are able to predict the final result with the 3D scan technology. See your end results before you start your treatment.
Why choose us for your orthodontic journey?
Are you an candidate for orthodontic treatment?
If you are having the following issues, you might want to get an orthodontic consultation with our dentist. This is the first step to your dream smile!
Home care while having your braces
Conventional braces, self ligating braces or clear aligners, all of them need proper home care.
Congratulations now you have your braces! Dental braces can trap a lot of food against the teeth and gums. That’s why it’s vital for you to follow braces care instructions. We want to make sure you have all the information you need to maintain a healthy smile during treatment.
1) Clean your teeth after every meal
- Use interdental brushes to remove food debris that is stuck on the brackets and wires, brush only if required.
- Brush twice daily with fluoride toothpaste
- Oral hygiene is very important to prevent dental decay during braces treatment.
2) Floss at least once a day
- Plaque loves to hide between teeth where your toothbrush bristles can’t reach. That’s why it’s important to floss once a day.
- Use a water flosser OR floss threader after brushing every night.
- Use fluoride mouth rinse once every two days to strengthen your teeth against dental decay.
3) Avoid Sticky, Hard-to-Chew Foods
- Please stay away from these troublemakers:
- Sticky chewy foods like caramel sweets (eg Snickers), chewing gum
- Hard foods like raw carrots, apple, fried chicken, unless cut into bite-size pieces, bones, ice
- Crunchy foods like peanut, popcorn, almonds
4) Reduce the intake of sweets, sugary drinks like carbonated drinks, fruit juices to reduce the risk of dental cavities
5) Poking wires, loose brackets
From time to time, we may need to fix poking wires or loose brackets in our office. But there are many things you can do at home to take care of small issues.
- If your wires start poking at the back of your mouth, lightly press the wire flat to the teeth with the eraser behind pencil
- If a bracket is irritating your cheeks, place a small piece of braces wax on the offending bracket.
- If a bracket comes loose, call and visit us with the bracket to fix it back.
Come in on time for all of your visits, and follow any special instructions your dentist gives you. Non compliance will lengthen the amount of time you are in braces and/or negatively impact the overall result. It is important to also maintain your regularly scheduled airflow teeth cleaning visits during orthodontic treatment. During these visits, the teeth are cleaned and possibly x-rayed, teeth are evaluated for decay, and oral hygiene instructions are reinforced.